40k Xiaomi Redmi 1S sold out in 4 seconds on Flipkart today
If you thought that Indians were buying the Xiaomi Mi 3 because it was called the Mi 3 or because it’s the company’s flagship, you have been misled. In fact customers in India seems to like anything branded with Xiaomi, as long as it’s still suber, uber affordable like it used to.
The Xiaomi Redmi 1s was not left out in the treatment. In a space of 4.2 seconds, 40,000 customers managed to add the product to their carts after Flipkart opened the sales today to over 100,000 pre-registered potential buyers. The phones were offered at a price of 5,999 Indian rupees which is just south of 100 US dollars.
The news was broken on Twitter by Xiaomi’s wonder kid Hugo Barra who left his position at Google last year to join the Chinese phone maker.
For the records, your average Xiaomi Redmi 1s smartphone holds a 4.7″ HD screen, 1.6GHz dual-core CPU, 1GB of RAM and 8GB of expandable storage. Other specs include an 8MP rear and 1.6MP front camera setup, a microSD card slot and a 2000mAh battery. The phone runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean.
You may also like
- 40k Xiaomi Redmi 1S sold out in 4 seconds on Flipkart today
- Xiaomi Mi 3 discontinued, 40k Redmi 1s smartphones come to India
- Hey Xiaomi, Asus has sold 40k phones in four days
- We’ll be selling 100k phones/week in India by October — Xiaomi
- 60k Xiaomi Redmi 1s smartphones sold out before you can say Jack Robinson