5.5″ iPhone 6 will not be released (not in 2014 at least )
If you are a regular visitor of this website, you must have heard that Apple is going to unveil the iPhone 6 in September, and that the phone will come in two screen sizes — 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches.
Well, citing production problems as the cause, the 5.5″ iPhone will never see the daylight, a report from Business Insider suggests.
A source disclosed to us that the sapphire screen used on the 5.5″ iPhone 6 is having malfunctions due to the touch sensitivity at the edges of the screen.
Apple have shown massive interest in bigger iPhone models by going for a bigger 4.7″ iPhone this time. The 5.5″ iPhone 6 was aimed to compete with large phones (phablets) like the Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Z2 Ultra and the HTC One Max.
The dearth of the phablet iPhone 6 means that the device under the most popular phablet category, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (which is coming in September also), will go almost unchallenged as it has always been with earlier Galaxy Note devices.
However, in as much as there has been a long silence of 5.5″ iPhone leaks compared to the amount of the 4.7″ iPhone 6 outings we’ve seen lately which somehow confirms this report, we advice you to digest the news with a pinch of salt and onions. Samsung might be in for a big surprise, so don’t just rejoice yet Sammy fans.
You may also like
- OnePlus rolls out new beta update, Oxygen OS 3.5.5, to the OnePlus 3
- Samsung launches the Galaxy On Nxt in India, packs 5.5 inch screen and 3GB RAM
- 5.5 inches ZTE ZMax 2 selling ridiculously cheap now at just $50
- Elephone C1 goes official with 5.5 inches of screen, 2GB RAM
- Xiaomi launches the very cheap, 5.5 inches Redmi Note 4 variants in China