Android 4.4.4 KitKat lands for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet
Today, Sony has rolled out the latest KitKat firmware available for both the Xperia Z2 and it’s Xperia Z2 Tablet companion. The two devices are in tow on the company’s Android 5.0 Lollipop roll call but before then, let’s have a taste of Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
As usual, the update squashes some bugs and brings some improvement on the effected devices. Specifically speaking, the Xperia Z2 received support for playback of some PCM and DSD audio types via the ear jack as well as a DSEE HX tech feature that brings improved sound quality to the music player.
Also, there were some battery-saving features bundled with the update — Battery Stamina mode and Ultra Stamina mode. These are self-explanatory as what they do is to set your device to consume lesser battery power by lowering the performance, brightness and other stuff.
You may also like
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat comes to AT&T’s Samsung Galaxy S5 Active
- Sony Xperia M2 siblings get Android 4.4.4 KitKat
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat lands for Sony Xperia Z2 and Z2 Tablet
- Original Motorola Moto G gets Android 4.4.4 KitKat in the US
- HTC One (M8) sold by Sprint is getting Android 4.4.4 and HTC Eye update