Android Wear gets redesigned in time for Apple’s watchOS 2 arrival
Google has just unleashed a whopping 17 new watch faces for Android Wear devices, but don’t tell me the sudden redesign doesn’t have anything to do with Apple’s WatchOS 2 announcement a couple of weeks ago.
The WatchOS 2 is coming to Apple Watches this fall but before then, Google wants you to see another reason why you should get an Android Wear smartwatch instead of one that has the biblical forbidden fruit snuggled in-between the codes.
Most of the new Android Wear themes will cost you nothing, ie.: Moods of Norway, Hello Kitty, Time Will Come, Rubik’s Cube, Angry Birds Aviator, George Frost Watch, Terminator Genisys, Lulu Frost, Kevin Tong, TRIWA, Rowley Wristwear, Bang & Olufsen, Geox, Moomins and MUJI to Relax. ANREALAGE watch face and one showing the Gundam RX-78-2 will set you back some $0.99 from your launch money.
Over to you readers: will the new Android Wear themes stop you from getting the Apple Watch with watchOS 2 (if you ever wished to)?
You may also like
- Android Wear gets redesigned in time for Apple’s watchOS 2 arrival
- Asus set to ditch Android Wear for another smartwatch OS with better battery life
- LG Watch Urbane is a round 1.3″ Android Wear smartwatch
- Alleged HTC Android Wear-powered smartwatch outed
- Oukitel A28: A $50 smartwatch with support for Android and iOS