Apple and Android still kings of the States: What will 2014 bring?
In the latest numbers released by comScore, Apple still dominate the market share in United States where they hold on to 41.3% of smartphones used during the December-February 3-month period.
Samsung, who gained a whole 1 point during the Quarter came second at 27.0, followed by LG at 6.8% while Motorola and HTC dropped some points but manged to stay at 4th and 5th positions respectively.
In the mobile operating system section, Android came first as usual. With a strong 52.1%, Google’s mobile OS ate up over half of the entire market in their home country.
iOS gained some minor points and remained at second with 41.3% of the market in command. Microsoft’s Windows Phone OS topped BlackBerry to reach third position while Symbian remained 5th at just 0.2% of the entire market.
So what do you think 2014 will bring? Who will fall, and who will rise?
You may also like
- LG links up with Apple and Google to help speed up its research on foldable screens
- Apple and Samsung Market Leader In Smartphone Race
- Samsung, Apple and Huawei rated top 3 smartphone companies in 2015 Q2
- Apple and Samsung in loggerheads again after Cupertino lures away Samsung enginners
- Red alert: Apple and Xiaomi phones have spyware inside — Taiwan