Apple is allegedly testing 2K and 4k resolution displays for a 12″ iPad
Apple is in the news once again, not for patent infringement suits this time, but for a whole new level of slates.
The Cupertino outfit is said to be testing screens for a new tablet called the iPad Maxi or iPad Pro. Our sources told us that folks at Apple are playing with a device with 12-inch 2048×1536 pixels resolution screen though the device hasn’t been clearly identified as the iPad Maxi or iPad Pro.
The iPad Maxi will be hovering for an early 2014 release date while another edition of the tab, with a screen of 4096×3072 pixels resolution at the same physical size will be refreshed later during the same year.
Apple will most likely keep the 4:3 screen orientation for the new iPad, so we should be looking at something like a bigger iPad Air with Retina display, thinner bezels and fingerprint scanner.
You may also like
- Reports suggest that Apple is planning three iPad Pro variants for 2017
- Apple issues statement on YiSpecter malware, says it’s under control
- Beware Samsung, Apple is planning ferocious iPhone 6s campaign
- US consumers want phablets this year, and Apple is what they demand
- Apple is building first Android app