Apple, Microsoft and others sue Samsung and Android
Patent trolls, Apple, have being joined in the bandwagon by Microsoft, BlackBerry, Ericsson, Sony and EMC to sue Samsung and Google in the latest patent war that has erupted.
The five companies are held together in the case by an entity called Rockstar Consortium, a name used to troll patents owned the defunct Nortel which Apple, Microsoft, BlackBerry, Ericsson, Sony and EMC Corporation jointly acquired in 2011.
A Google spokesman said, “while we haven’t yet been served with this complaint, we continue to advocate for patent reform that would address the current flood of patent litigation.” Samsung was said to be accused of infringing seven patents related to user interfaces, messaging, notifications, and other areas.
Here is a video where Microsoft is making fun of Samsung and Apple’s rivalry:
You may also like
- Apple, Microsoft and others sue Samsung and Android
- Microsoft’s’ Pro App Rival to Apple News and Flipboard
- Do you know that Apple and Microsoft each has thrice more dough than the US?
- Android and Microsoft tablets eat up Apple iPad’s market share in 2013
- Microsoft still leading Google, Apple and Samsung