Apple still employs Samsung for next-gen A8 chipset
While the two are battling it out in court for billions, their business partnership is still unscathed.
Samsung is said to be making A8 processors for it’s friend-cum-foe, Apple, and production will start shortly at the Koreans’ Austin,Texas factory.
Samsung is said to be still developing the 20nm process which will be used in the production of the A8 processor; They are still “struggling” with it, reports said.
VLSI Research CEO Dan Hutcheson, says that the partnership between Samsung and Apple “is still strong” as long as
the processor business is concerned.
Apple recently won a total of a $960 billion against Samsung in court for patent infringements the latter incurred on it’s products.
You may also like
- Apple still employs Samsung for next-gen A8 chipset
- Apple still dominant, comScore’s latest U.S. smartphone data shows
- Samsung is still making parts for Apple despite ever-going court brawl
- Apple and Android still kings of the States: What will 2014 bring?
- Microsoft still leading Google, Apple and Samsung