Billionaire’s Son Put On Blast For Buying 2 Apple Watches Worth $40k — For His Dog
If you’re watching your timelines fill up with tales of people with Apple Watches enviously, look away now – because this dog has two of them.
The husky is a pampered pooch belonging to the son of China’s richest man, and he’s seen proudly wearing an Apple Watch – made of gold – on each of his front legs.
At around £13,000 each, that’s one pricey pup.
Wang Sicong, 27, an only child whose father heads real estate giant Dalian Wanda Group, posted pictures to his dog Keke’s Weibo account – the Chinese version of Twitter.
And his actions have sparked outrage, with some accusing him of being disrespectful by “squandering money”.
The post on the dog’s Weibo’s page was accompanied by the caption: “I have new watches! I’m supposed to have four watches since I have four long legs.
“But that seems too tuhao so I kept it down to two, which totally fits my status.
“Do you have one?”
Tuhao is a word meaning crass or nouveau riche given to mainland Chinese people who are wealthy but uncultured.
Elsewhere on its social media profile, Keke reveals he has a Fendi bag and only drinks FIJI bottled water.
One Weibo commentator wrote: “This is the first time I feel like marrying a dog.”
You may also like
- Billionaire Mark Cuban Praised Apple’s Fight on Security Privacy
- Billionaire’s Son Put On Blast For Buying 2 Apple Watches Worth $40k — For His Dog
- With Apple Watch, Cupertino takes the cold war to Samsung’s backyard
- What is the price of an Apple iPhone 6 in Zimbabwean dollars?
- Apple plans to put camera and video calls on Apple Watch 2, more rumors