BlackBerry looks at the Bold 5 for redemption
BlackBerry Bold 9900, popularly known as BlackBerry Bold 5 is arguably the best BB OS 7 device ever made, and now look carefully to see how the Canadians plan to use the 2011 smartphone as a stepping to their redemption.
In the previous quarter which BlackBerry posted it’s financial reports on Friday, 3.4 million BlackBerry phones were sold during the 3-month period, and notably 2.3 million of these were BB OS 7-powered devices, of whose the Bold 9900 is the cheerleader.
Instead of pumping more money into BB OS 10-powered phones commercials –which is not paying off anyway– new CEO John Chen is looking to go back to the roots and make and promote more BlackBerry Bold 9900 devices, which will likely see a turnaround in the company.
BlackBerry has since stopped the production of the BB Bold 5, but their new deal with Foxconn may see them making more of these phones at cheaper production cost, in China.
You may also like
- Typo 2 goes official after first Typo is banned for BlackBerry looks
- BlackBerry looks at the Bold 5 for redemption
- Blackberry Mercury would be showcased at a pre-MWC event
- New Blackberry device with model number BBC100-1 spotted on Indonesian website.
- Blackberry starts rolling out new update to its Priv customers