Blackberry might make Blackberry Android phones, but not so quick
BlackBerry’s new CEO John Chen has hinted that his company is interested in making Android phones but they are not in a rush to do so.
“Whatever is the right thing for the business, you need to preserve the reason why BlackBerry is around. I think just jumping to an Android without a thought through of why BlackBerry needs to be around and what makes us relevant and all that, before I answer that question, jumping to anything is inappropriate. You’ll find that I’m a little bit more thoughtful from a marketing perspective then to just go somewhere. I’m not that kind of person. I’ve only been on the clock now for almost 24 hours — I think that if I made those statements right now conclusively, somebody should pull me out and shoot me.”
Chen was hired after Fairfax failed to acquire Blackberry, opting to invest some funds instead while Thorsten Heins was fired as CEO.
You may also like
- Blackberry might make Blackberry Android phones, but not so quick
- BlackBerry Krypton to launch soon
- Blackberry Mercury would be showcased at a pre-MWC event
- New Blackberry device with model number BBC100-1 spotted on Indonesian website.
- Blackberry rolling out beta December security update to the DTEK50 and DTEK60