Delta Airlines purchase 11,000 Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for pilots
Delta Airlines have followed suit of what American Airlines did by buying 11,000 units of Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for it’s pilots. The airline said the move will save 7.5 million sheets of paper, 1.2 million gallons of fuel and lower carbon emissions by 26 million pounds annually.
American Airlines and UAL have earlier given some of their pilots Apple iPad tablets pre-installed with some FAA-approved apps.
Delta Airlines said the Microsoft Surface 2 tablet computers will replace the ‘large bags’ carried by airline pilots that typically contain paper maps, briefing documents and other important in-flight paperwork required by pilots. These bags weigh 38 pounds each.
You may also like
- Delta Airlines purchase 11,000 Microsoft Surface 2 tablets for pilots
- LTE-enabled Microsoft Surface 2 tablet goes up for $679
- Experience the Samsung Gear S from Play Store
- HTC Promises To Fix Its Weakness In Its Next Flagship Device
- That moment when Google gives you ‘some tasty new treats and much s’more’
- BLU Studio 5.0 S II
- Samsung to open R&D center near Google in Silicon Valley