Galaxy S6 family of smartphones starts getting the Nougat update in India
The Nougat update for the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge flagships are still rolling out in batches to regions where they have not been received, and the same update for the Galaxy S6 series of units is also coming not so far behind.
Last week was when the update commenced for the Galaxy S6 family of handsets and then, only Europe was getting the update. Today, the same update has started to hit the units of the device in India.
Aside from the Nougat that this option brings on board, the whole package also includes fix for a number of bugs and some improvements as well as optimisations. For all of these, we have an update that weighs in at 1.3GB. this is an OTA update and again, it could take a while before you start to see the notification of update on your unit.
This doesn’t mean that you won’t get yours, but you could speed things up by heading over to Settings and manually requesting the update.
You may also like
LeEco planning a new device, to be a blend of speed and performance
OnePlus rolls out new update to the OnePlus 2 unit, fixes a large number of issues
Samsung Galaxy S8 retail packaging leaks, reveals additional accessories
OnePlus enters the Denmark market with the OnePlus 3T
Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) shows up on benchmark listings again, reveals other core specs
- Galaxy S6 family of smartphones starts getting the Nougat update in India
- T-Mobile sends out update to the Galaxy S6 / S6 Edge units
- January Android security patch starts to hit Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Edge+ units on T-Mobile network
- Samsung Galaxy S6 to get the Nougat bump soon
- T-Mobile starts rolling out November security update to the Galaxy S6, S6 Edge