Give us our cakes or no more iPhones — Chinese workers demand
You can call it comedy or anything you like but employees at the Dongguan Wintak plant in Guangdong Province, China are going to stall iPhone 6 production unless they get their mooncakes as promised.
In the wake of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus launch and the fight by Apple to start delivering large quantities of the smartphones by next week, the workers were denied going on holiday in promise by their employers to give them a $98 bonus each and mooncakes.
However, when neither the sandwiches nor the money was coming, the workers, whose factory was manufacturing screens for both the iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus and even for older iPads and iPhones stopped work and demanded for what belongs to them.
“There are 10,000 of us in that factory, so when we stop work, nobody anywhere in the world gets their screens,” an empolyee said. “They promised us more money and moon cakes and we got neither.”
This could be a huge point for Samsung and co. to take on their next campaign of iPhone 6 commercials so let’s sit back and watch the comedy unfold. Besides, the protest might cause delay on the new iPhones’ release.
You may also like
- Sony to give users of the Xperia X Performance a sneak peek to the Android Nougat 7.0
- Give us our cakes or no more iPhones — Chinese workers demand
- LG to give up plan to use curved OLED screens on the LG G6
- Nexus Sailfish leaks again, confirms some specs and gives insight into others
- Finally! Leaks give exclusive features to expect from 2016 Nexus devices