Google Huawei Nexus (2015 Nexus) is a Quad HD 5.7-incher
Earlier this year, we informed you that Google will be working with a Chinese OEM to bring this year’s Nexus phone to life. The OEM was later revealed as Huawei.
And for the first time we are getting to know about the specs of the upcoming Huawei Nexus. Sources from China claim the smartphone will pack a 5.7-inch display which has Quad HD (1440 x 2640 pixel) resolution.
The processor was mentioned as Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 810 chipset. Firstly, the choice for a Qualcomm CPU didn’t come in as much of a surprise but with the controversy surrounding that particular flagship processor, Google might be taking a step in a direction which might be regretted in the future.
Next, we also learnt the Google Huawei Nexus smartphone is coming in the second half of 2015, at around the same time the current Google Nexus broke cover in last year.
Elsewhere, we are also hearing rumors of LG making another Nexus smartphone for Google. This could mean two handsets for Google this year — a higher end, costlier LG device, and cheaper Huawei Nexus: but that’s if the story turns out to be true.
You may also like
- Google Huawei Nexus (2015 Nexus) is a Quad HD 5.7-incher
- Huawei Mate 9 Pro to have curved screen, support Google’s VR technology
- Huawei was Google’s first choice to make the 2016 Pixels
- Huawei working with Google again to create a 7 inch, 4GB RAM tablet
- Huawei-made Google Nexus 6 outed in full details