HTC One M9, A9 and HTC 10 To Get Android N
The hot heels of Android N’s is now on its way for its first beta landing for public users, just recently HTC announced that some of its phones will receive a notification regarding the new version of Google’s mobile based operating system.
This system is called as Nutella, Nachos, Nougat or whatever you name it, the company will be pushing through the update for HTC 10, A9 and M9 users.
But sadly, we don’t have much detail on the above information so far. The company as of this moment has no official statement about the said update and the schedules of its arrival since the update will depend on when Google delivers their software to its partners for final testing.
Though there’s not much info about it, HTC did not say that it’s the end of the line for M8 series, so it seems like the 2014 device will not get the latest Android N Operating System. This answer was a response to the questions pointing to One M8’s future.
Jeff Gordon the CEO stated that “Not sure yet. Not saying yes or no yet, however please note M8 over 2 years old now.” This means the M8 will not be the top priority since it was categorized on the older handsets and most users already move to newer handsets.
You may also like
- HTC One X10 leaked with specs and availability information
- HTC One M9 units (unlocked) to start receiving the Nougat update starting tonight
- HTC One M9 currently selling for just $300
- HTC One M9 can be grabbed for up to $40 less on eBay now
- HTC One A9s launched, doesn’t bring updates and is less pricier than A9