HTC One M9? Don’t you mean HTC One M8?
On the first day of March, HTC introduced the third generation HTC One which they tagged the HTC One M9 and the event went smoothly at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, Spain. Problem is, many users can’t SEE the difference between the new flagship and its predecessor, the HTC One M8.
Yes, the HTC One M9 and M8 have striking physical resemblance especially at their faces. The rear can easily be distinguished because the M8 has two camera sensors on the back side while the M9 has one.
Things even got messier on Thursday after HTC themselves failed to tell the difference between the two. In an image tweeted by HTC USA, the phone maker posted a picture of the year-old HTC One M8 thinking it was the One M9.
You can say it’s their job, but can’t blame the guys who posted the images much after all, in terms of design, the two phones are almost identical with each sporting a 5-inch display. The One M8 measures 146.4 x 70.6 x 9.4 mm while the newer handset appears only a tad bit smaller at 144.6 x 69.7 x 9.6 mm.
You may also like
- HTC One X10 leaked with specs and availability information
- HTC One M9 units (unlocked) to start receiving the Nougat update starting tonight
- HTC One M9 currently selling for just $300
- HTC One M9 can be grabbed for up to $40 less on eBay now
- HTC One A9s launched, doesn’t bring updates and is less pricier than A9