IDC: Smartphone shipments on record high
IDC has released it’s numbers for mobile phones in the Quarter 3 of 2013, a quater which saw smartphone shipments grow to 467.9, smashing a previous record set in Q2 2012. The quater also saw a 5.7% year on year growth for mobile phones generally.
Samsung, Nokia, Apple, Huawei, stole the show with 52.4% of the 2013 Q3 market share, leaving others to scramble for pieces of the remaining 47.6%.
Smartphone sales were equally dominated by a top 5, another group of five though. Samsung, the regular suspect stole the show with 24.7% of the 258.4 total smartphones shipped in the quarter, Apple came second with 33.8 units or 13.1% while , Huawei, Lenovo and LG came third, fourth and fifth with 4.8%, 4.7% and 4.6% respectively.The rest of the smartphone players (including Nokia, Motorola, HTC, Sony, etc) were left to scamper with the remaining 41.3% of the smartphone market share in 2013 Quarter 3.
You may also like
- IDC: Smartphone shipments on record high
- IDC: Samsung smartphone fortunes are dwindling
- Doogee Max DG650S
- Nokia Lumia 630 live pictures leak
- Airtel Kenya Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
- Nokia 8 to make entry into US market packing 4GB RAM, 64GB ROM
- BLU Studio 5.0 LTE