iPhone becomes top smartphone brand in China as Apple smash records
With the latest quarterly financial reports from Apple revealing the largest quarterly profit ($18 billion) in corporate history, the company has broken quite a few records as shares skyrocket after the announcement this week.
Research analyst Canalys reports that Apple has gotten the biggest market share in China during the said quarter. Respectively, Xiaomi, Samsung and Huawei were the major competitors to the Cupertino outfit.
“The incredible popularity of the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus in China in Q4 2014 has led Apple to take first place in the Chinese smart phone market for the first time by units shipped,” the analyst said.
Apple’s Chief Finance Officer, Luca Maestri, also revealed that China is not the only market where the iPhone is doing well, “Sales doubled year-over-year in China, our second largest iPhone market, as well as in Brazil and in Singapore.”
You may also like
- iPhone becomes top smartphone brand in China as Apple smash records
- Oppo R9 takes crown from Apple iPhones, becomes top seller in China
- iPhone 5S is king…becomes the most popular smartphone in the world
- Apple iPhone 5s becomes best-selling device in the US
- Apple leapfrogs Xiaomi, becomes world’s second best-selling wearable brand