Lexus hoverboard unveiling on Aug 5: great tech or sick publicity stunt?
On the 5th of August, the Japanese automobile company Lexus will be unveiling something really cool. Like it or not, Lexus’ hoverboard idea has brought cheap, nearly free publicity to the car maker.
From what we’ve gathered, Lexus is all about the media hype, not even for the love of technology or for your flying carpet BS. The company has not announced a release date for the “hoverboard” that it’s prepping for to unveil on August 5 — and it probably won’t.
Hoverboard? What hoverboard? Sorry we do not make hoverboards. Why not buy our cars instead?
Said Lexus spokesperson Maurice Dumand: “Back to the Future (movie) messed my whole generation up.
“The world so desperately wants someone to mass produce a hoverboard. Let’s be frank, it’s not novel. There are other hoverboards. To a degree, we weren’t expecting [the reaction].”
With talks like these, if Lexus, the Toyota-owned company, makes a hoverboard and makes it commercially available this year, maybe I’ll start believing in Santa Claus, Tooth Fairy and all those stuff my dad used to tell a 4-year-old Tom.
Lexus should please please please surprise us, I wish go to work riding on a flying saucer.
You may also like
- Lexus hoverboard unveiling on Aug 5: great tech or sick publicity stunt?
- Micromax Bolt AD3520
- Lumia 2520, Nokia’s first tablet outs first set of pictures
- Samsung Galaxy C9 shows up on GeekBench with 6 inches screen and 6GB RAM
- WileyFox Storm: Investigating the Storm
- Canadian carrier, Rogers, slips up on Google Pixels’ availability before launch