MediaTek to reveal a 4G, QHD-capable, octa-core MT6959 SoC tomorrow
China’s number one mobile chip maker, MeidaTek, is said to be harboring an all-powerful yet low-cost processor which is set to break cover tomorrow as MediaTek MT6959.
Unlike other MediaTek products, the chipset is said to be packing LTE connectivity and will support Quad HD screens (displays with 1440 x 2560 pixels resolution).
The processor will have an octa-core CPU — four Cortex-A17 CPU cores and four Cortex-A7 CPU cores, our source says.
There will be three flavors of the chipset too. MT6595M can be tuned to a max of 2GHz, MT6595 will fly at the speed of 2.1 to 2.2GHz, while the fastest, the MT6595 Turbo, will soar at between 2.4GHz and 2.5GHz of speed.
The processor is likely a 32-bit one, though not explicitly stated. MediaTek is alleged to be prepping it’s 64-bit chip for the last quarter of the year as reports will have it.
You may also like
- MediaTek to reveal a 4G, QHD-capable, octa-core MT6959 SoC tomorrow
- MediaTek launches the Helio P15 chipset, to carry octa cores
- MediaTek going all out in the production of their next processing chipset
- UMi Touch Flasghip Device is Powered By MediaTek
- HTC A9 coming with 10-core MediaTek MT6797 processor