Micromax takes over Apple in Indian tablet sales
Apple’s iPad took another bash and this time it’s in Indian where local brand Micromax notched second place from the Americans, staying behind only Samsung who has held the first spot for two years straight.
During the second quarter of 2014, Micromax, coming from third position, edged Apple out of second position with 14 % of the market share. Apple, now third were left with 9 % while Samsung, sitting at the top of the table was estimated to have shipped 19 % of all the tablets sold in India during the period.
A Chinese brand, Lenovo, came fourth at 7 % as it looked as India’s prefer made-in-Asia tablets over others.
You may also like
- Micromax takes over Apple in Indian tablet sales
- Micromax Canvas Tab P666 is an 11,000-rupee tablet for India
- Google takes Android One to the United Kingdom and Europe via Karbonn Sparkle V
- Xiaomi ready to battle Micromax, Xolo and others in the Indian market
- “By 2020, Samsung will be thrown to the dogs”