Micromax to venture in smartwatches and wearables
New Micromax CEO, Sanjay Kapoor, who joined the company last week revealed highlights of his targeted aims and objectives on his new job.
Kapoor, while speaking in an interview said that Micromax needs a lot of changes and he aims to turn the Indian company from just a phone maker to a versatile player in the mobile industry.
Though he said there hasn’t been any specific plans, he says that the Micromax will be gearing towards wearables and machine-to-machine parts in near time.
He also made mention of driving the company deeper into the planet.
“At present, we are focusing on Russia, our newest foray. We received a great response and once we are settled there, we will plan which other markets to enter,” Kapoor said.
Micromax is currently facing over saturation in their home country of India as more and more players join the market. Chinese phone maker Xiaomi is one of these players.
You may also like
- Micromax to launch new Canvas smartphone on November 18
- Breaking: Home-based Micromax topples Samsung India
- Micromax to launch sub-10,000 rupees LTE smartphones in 2015
- Micromax topples Samsung to become top mobile phone seller in India
- Micromax to introduce two Windows Phone 8.1 smartphones this week