Micromax’s new chairman is Airtel former CEO
A wind of change is currently blowing at the topmost floors at Micromax headquarters.
Last week, the Indian phone producer announced Vineet Taneja as new CEO and this week, the company has unveiled Sanjay Kapoor as the chairman of it’s board of directors.
Sanjay (not the same Sanjay Kapoor who acts and produces movies in Bollywood), who will also join the promoter group of Micromax, worked in many telecommunications companies but the highlight was working at India’s Bharti Airtel as CEO.
Rahul Sharma, co-founder of Micromax commented, “Sanjay’s strategic and inspirational leadership skills will certainly provide strong impetus to Micromax as we pursue our aim to be the first Indian hardware brand driving success globally.
“He will be instrumental in building synergies for our existing international businesses and spearhead our foray into other international markets in the near future,” he added.
The other co-founder of Micromax, Rajesh Agarwal, is currently facing allegations of bribery and his case has caused many executives to vacate their seats at Micromax.
You may also like
- Micromax launches Marshmallow 6 tablet, Canvas Tab P681, for just $112
- Micromax launches special edition of the Canvas 5 with beautiful wood finish
- Micromax’s Launched its Canvas Amaze 2 With 2 GB RAM at Octa core CPU
- Micromax launched its 6 Inch display Smartphone at Rs 7,999
- Micromax Latest Canvas Evok Now On Flipkart at Rs 8,499