Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and Surface mini details and plans outed
Microsoft is said to be prepping two tablets for a 2014 release.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3, which is a due successor for the Surface Pro 2 tablet, is said to be headed for a May 20 unveiling, which is Tuesday. Another one is the Surface mini, which is also expected to be launched on the same day.
The Windows 8.1-powered slate is reportedly going to have a 12-inch display, despite having a smaller body than the Surface Pro 2 which has a 10-inch display.
The tablet is said to have as much as five different steps with five different configurations and pricing:
1. Intel i3 CPU, 4GB of RAM and 64GB of native storage — $799
2. Intel i5 CPU, 4GB of RAM and 128GB of native storage — $999
3. Intel i5 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of native storage — $1299
4. Intel i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 256GB of native storage — $1549
5. Intel i7 CPU, 8GB of RAM and 512GB of native storage — $1949
So, as you can see, Microsoft isn’t beating about the bush with the Surface Pro tablets this time. With the amount of power these things habour, they can easily outdo any average computer in terms of performance.
Meanwhile, the Surface mini is alleged to be having a 7.5-inch screen with 1080 x 1440 resolution, a stylus and a Qualcomm Snapdragon processor.