Microsoft to lay off 20% of Nokia employees in Finland
4,700 staff in Finland were among the 25,000 employees Microsoft acquired when it acquired Nokia earlier this year.
Bad news for those Finnish workers is that some 1/5 of them will be jobless when the month ends. About 1000 Nokia employees will loose their jobs in Finland, reports say.
Microsoft wants to cut costs by all means as sales of Nokia phones have depreciated worldwide and labor must have decreased across Nokia offices sequentially
Microsoft is said to be planning to shut down Nokia’s Oulu R&D labs in North Finland after the massive sack. They will take all the research down to the United States, it seems.
The fate of those 1000 workers looks all gloomy after the sack as Nokia’s Brigde program which offered ex workers skill acquisition after being offset, has been halted.
You may also like
- HP and Microsoft to sell the Elite x3 via brick-and-mortar stores stateside
- Microsoft to roll out Windows 10 Anniversary update this week
- Microsoft To Discontinue Its Plan to Port Android Application to Windows 10
- Microsoft To Acquire Xamarin For Future Cross Platform App Creation
- Microsoft to launch Lumia 950 and 950XL on November 30 in India