Mother of large phones: Samsung SM-T2558 has a 7″ screen
What is it that comes to your mind when someone says 7 inches? Tablets, it’s tablets of course.
But the Samsung SM-T2558 begs to differ. With a 7-inch HD display, the SM-T2558 floors all other big phones including the former biggest phone, Hisense X1 with 6.8 inches of display.
The phone was caught on Chinese electronics certification website TENAA where it went for approval, and we managed to scoop out more details of it.
The Samsung SM-T2558 might be from the Galaxy Mega family. If it is, probably it will be named as Samsung Galaxy Mega 7.0 because of it’s 7-inch screen.
The specs we found on the product information page for the SM-T2558 includes a quad-core 1.2GHz processor with 1.5GB of RAM, 8MP rear and 2MP front-facing cameras, 8GB of expandable storage with microSD card. And of course there’s the Chines 3G and 4G connectivity iterations namely TD-SCDMA and TD-LTE. Finally, it runs on Android 4.3 Jelly Bean OS.
The Samsung SM-T2558, despite it’s big approach, has the specs of a mid-ranger. So, it’s normal if the price of the phone stays below $400 when it’s finally available.
You may also like
- Mother of large phones: Samsung SM-T2558 has a 7″ screen
- Mother of innovations: Google’s Project Ara modular smartphone to cost $50, with upgradeable parts
- Mother of buildings: Apple’s new headquarters looks like a giant spaceship
- Boy kills father and mother because of seized smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy Tab Q (Samsung SM-T2558) unveiled in China with massive 7-inch display