Motorola Moto Z gets new update, fixes bugs, doesn’t bump the software version
The Motorola Moto Z users got a nice treat last month when their OEM took them away from the table where the Marshmallow dessert was being served and offered them the Nougat instead. Now, there is a new update rolling out to the unit of the device and if you are getting it, it comes with a build number of NPL25.86-17-3. Coming at a massive size of 540MB too, we are surprised that this one does not bump the software version of the device past the Nougat 7.0 mark.
In what looks like a house maintenance update, the new package mainly brings with it fixes for some bugs such as the low notification sound problem that has been faced by a number of users for quite some times now. The update has just started to roll out also so you need to be patient for it to hit your unit. If you are feeling impatient though, you could just get yourself a fast one by manually requesting for the update from your Settings Dashboard.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Motorola Moto G5 Plus packs quite a punch for a mid-range unit
- Availability information for the Motorola Moto G5 units promises the Russian market, complete with pricing information
- Lenovo launches the Motorola Moto G5 amidst much fanfare, graces the mid-range market
- Retail materials for Motorola Moto G5 leaks online, gives insight into the package
- Benchmark test confirms specs on Xiaomi Mi 5c, Huawei P10 and Motorola Moto G5