MTN to tackle electricity problems in Nigeria with Nova-Lumos service
MTN is the biggest carrier in the West African country which has the biggest GDP in the who African region.
Nigeria is a developing country, and like a normal developing countries, one of their many troubles is lack of constant electricity and other common utilities like pipe-borne water.
MTN has, in concern of Nigeria’s problems opted to apply introduce Nova-Lumos service in the country with rural areas being the main target.
The Nova-Lumos service will be powered by a large array of solar panels generating electricity from sunlight in the rural area. Customers can subscribe to use the service by buying a prepaid recharge card from MTN.
The idea is cool as it sounds, even though it’s bound to face it’s own share of problems. “By paying for usage only in small payments, the same way our customers purchase airtime and other mobile services, MTN and Nova-Lumos will offer an innovative and widely-accessible service for all MTN customers,” said Michael Ikpoki, chief executive of MTN in Nigeria .
You may also like
- MTN to tackle electricity problems in Nigeria with Nova-Lumos service
- South Africa: MTN CEO Ahmad Farroukh signs out
- MTN Data Bundles – Internet Plans and Activation Codes for MTN Nigeria
- Deactivating MTN, Airtel, Glo, Etisalat Nigeria BIS BlackBerry subscription
- Roll over your MTN unused Internet Data Bundles to the next subscription