New update hits the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, brings December security patch
There is a new update that is being rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, and it has started to hit units in the US. This update comes in at a size of just 45MB and when you get it, you would observe it carrying a build number of MMB29M.G891AUCS2APL1. For those that are not aware, the Galaxy S7 active is an AT&T exclusive, which means that it is being rolled out by the network.
While we would have expected this update to finally be the Nougat bump that we have been waiting for, it could not have been at that size. It is instead, the security patch for the month of December. For those that would love to get the Nougat, we are sorry to inform you but this one is still based on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 platform.
There is no information on when the big 7 would start hitting this particular unit but we expect to get it sometimes this month, or the next at worst.
You may also like
Alcatel launches the A3 for those that do not fancy the LED lights
Energizer launches a unique build of rugged,flagship material at MWC
The Alcatel A5 LED lights up Alcatel’s presentation at MWC 2017
Alcatel improves it’s entry level lineup with the Alcatel U3
Alcatel makes MWC appearrance with a slew of four devices
- LeEco pushes out new update to the Le S3 and Le Pro 3 units, improves app drawer, camera, sensors, et al
- Kyocera DuraForce Pro on the Verizon network starts getting new update
- Samsung Galaxy J7 Prime starts getting new update, brings on board the latest security patch
- Galaxy S7 Edge units on the Nougat start getting new update
- HP commences roll-out of new update to the Elite x3