New update hits the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, brings December security patch
There is a new update that is being rolled out to the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, and it has started to hit units in the US. This update comes in at a size of just 45MB and when you get it, you would observe it carrying a build number of MMB29M.G891AUCS2APL1. For those that are not aware, the Galaxy S7 active is an AT&T exclusive, which means that it is being rolled out by the network.
While we would have expected this update to finally be the Nougat bump that we have been waiting for, it could not have been at that size. It is instead, the security patch for the month of December. For those that would love to get the Nougat, we are sorry to inform you but this one is still based on the Android Marshmallow 6.0 platform.
There is no information on when the big 7 would start hitting this particular unit but we expect to get it sometimes this month, or the next at worst.
You may also like
- Samsung starts rolling out new update to the Galaxy J3 units
- Asus rolls out new update to the ZenFone 3 Deluxe, addresses mild issues
- New update hits the Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, brings December security patch
- Motorola Moto Z gets new update, fixes bugs, doesn’t bump the software version
- Sony Xperia X and X Compact gets new update, fixes bugs