Nokia planning to introduce16-sensor cameras for Lumia phones
Nokia is determined in bid to actualize a new camera technology in it’s Lumia smartphones. A technology which will involve complex 16 camera sensors and lenses which shoot-up an image in one click, then assemble, compare and merge results from each sensor thus giving out the best picture.
While speaking to Speaking to BGR’s Rajat Agrawall, Nokia’s executive vice president in charge of Smart Devices, Jo Harlow Harlow explained, “If you look at where imaging is going, computational imaging is an area of exploration. Being able to capture even more data – data you cannot even see with the human eye that you can only see by actually going back to the picture and being able to do things with them”.
“I think that is a key challenge to bring to a smartphone because computational imaging or computational photography requires computational power. That was one of the limitations in bringing that kind of experiences on a smartphone. Changes in the processing capabilities of smartphones opens it up as an area of exploration”.
You may also like
- Nokia planning the launch of two high end in 2016 fourth quarter, reports suggest
- Nokia planning to make smartwatch later this year?
- Nokia planning to introduce16-sensor cameras for Lumia phones
- Nokia 9’s alleged design leaks hand-in-hand with Nokia 2’s
- 3G Variant Of Nokia 3310 To Launch In September