Philips Xenium W9588 is an Android flip phone with $823 price tag
If you are fan of mobile phones back in the mid 2000’s, you must have either used a flip phone or held admiration(or hate) for one of them.
Now, after Samsung ported the open-and-close hardware to Android with the Samsung W2014, Philips has followed suit by introducing this new phone called the Xenium W9588.
Philips Xenium W9588 has a 3.5″ (480 x 854 pixels) touchscreen on both sides just like Sammy’s W2014 and Galaxy Golden. The device packs a gigabyte of RAM, 1.2GHz MediaTek MT6589 processor with four cores, an 8MP camera, 4GB expandable home storage and is powered by a 2400mAh battery.
The phone runs on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean deeply skinned with Philips’ custom user interface.
Pricing for the Philips Xenium W9588 starts at 4,999 yuan, about 823 US Dollars, even though the phone is still confined within the borders of China.
You may also like
- Philips Xenium W9588 is an Android flip phone with $823 price tag
- Phillips Sapphire Life V878 gets TENAA certification
- Gionee S6s
- Project Zero: Samsung Galaxy S6 will look nothing like what you’ve seen before
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S next-gen slates go official with AMOLED display, 3GB RAM, fingerprint sensor
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 with 128GB/6GB RAM confirmed, headed for China only
- BBM sees more users following porting to Android and iOS