Pope Francis’ visit stalls iPhone 6s delivery across the US
On Tuesday, the Holy Father will embark on a tour across the United States. The head of the Catholic Church is expected to touchdown in Washington, New York and Philadelphia among other places during the 6-day visit.
Throughout this week, we’ll witness Pope Francis reaching out to crowds of loyal followers, fans and on-lookers in general across the USA, however, what will be a joyful coming of the Pope for so many will disrupt the distribution of Apple’s iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus in some places.
Move over iPhones, our Holy Father is coming.
New York buyers of the iPhone 6s living in the ZIP codes of 10001, 10007, 10017, 10021, 10022, 10023, and 10029 may not be able to get their ordered goods until September 28th. Those who live in Philadelphia under the ZIP codes 19102, 19103, 19104, 19106, 19107, 19109, 19123, 19130, 19146, and 19147 are to face the same fate as well.
Apple had employed UPS and FedEx services to ship units of the iPhone 6s duo to their respective buyers but UPS is now saying the Papal visit may not allow staff to do their jobs well after the iPhone 6s gets released on Sept 25th.
Users were advised to come to UPS holding centers to pick their shipments where possible. So far, FedEx hasn’t said if its own part of the delivery will also be put on hold.
You may also like
- Pope Francis’ visit stalls iPhone 6s delivery across the US
- Samsung Galaxy S5 launches across 135 nations today
- All You Need to Know About Samsung’s Flagship Galaxy S7 camera
- Phablet-sized Microsoft Lumia 950 XL outed in leaked renders
- Lenovo Vibe S1 gets certified with 5.1″ display, 1.7GHz octa-core processor
- Motorola Moto G crosses FCC, reveals little details