Qualcomm has 14nm Snapdragon 820 chipset, Adreno 530 GPU in tow for late this year
And now, the entire roadmap for Qualcomm’s 2015 calender has been leaked, all thanks to @leakfly on Twitter. While there is no much surprise that the California-based semiconductor company will release new processors this year, it’s however exciting to see these chips and imagine what they can be used for.
Obviously, the biggest name on the list is the Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, built on a 14 nanometer process with Samsung and GlobalFoundries fabs. The chipset will carry a 64-bit CPU framework and will support Cat. 10 LTE which supports up to 445mbps data upload speed on paper. Also, there is going to be a new Adreno 530 graphics processor by then.
Other processors on the list include the Snapdragon 815 (20nm process, Adreno 450 graphics), Snapdragon 625 and 629 (20nm process, Adreno 418 graphics), Snapdragon 620 ( Adreno 418 graphics) and Snapdragon 615 (28nm process, Adreno 408 graphics).
There was no mention of the mid-range Snapdragon 4xx and bottom-end Snapdragon 2xx processors on the leaked document. However, here’s the full list:
You may also like
- Qualcomm has no qualms with Samsung despite snub
- Qualcomm has 14nm Snapdragon 820 chipset, Adreno 530 GPU in tow for late this year
- Qualcomm Shatters hope Of Snapdragon 836’s existence
- Qualcomm confirms Snapdragon 835 SoC for Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
- Sony Xperia XZs to carry a Qualcomm Snapdragon 820, 4GB of RAM et al, and be offered in different colours