Reports indicate that Samsung is in a deal with Apple regarding OLED screen panels
We have been hearing about this kind of deal in the talks for a while but to be on the safer side, we just kept our fingers crossed. Now, it is confirmed that Samsung is in a new agreement with Apple to be the main supplier of OLED screen panels to the Cupertino-based firm. We say ‘again’ because this is not the first-time Samsung would put pen to paper in a partnership with Apple, with the last of such partnerships ending just a couple of years ago.
According to the leak, the South Korean OEM is billed to develop and deliver a total of 60 million OLED panels to Apple which would be used in the development of next generation iPhone units. This deal follows a previous 100 million OLED screen deals that the two sides entered into in the past. From industry sources, it has been stated that these OLED panels would only be used in the premium models but from other sources, it is believed that this would not be the case.
Since neither company has been forthcoming with information on the deal, we just have to wait till any of these rivals, now partners, decide to break the ice.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Reports indicate that Samsung is in a deal with Apple regarding OLED screen panels
- Reports indicate that the Samsung Galaxy S8 might get a variant on launch
- Reports indicate that Samsung is in the works over a Galaxy J7 Prime
- Reports indicates that Samsung might start selling refurbished phones soon
- Reports from South Korea indicates that Samsung may sell refurbished Note 7 units