Europe: Roaming fees might be a thing of the past by 2014
Today, 30th May 2013, Neelie Kroes, the European Commissioner for Digital Agenda stood before the European Parliament and demanded for a stop to roaming charges within the European Union by Easter of 2014.
“I want us to show citizens that the EU is relevant to their lives. That we made the digital rules catch up with their legitimate expectations. I want you to be able to go back to your constituents and say that you were able to end mobile roaming costs.” she said.
The European Parliament will decide and sit again for the announcement of the final decision of the matter.
Image source: AFP
You may also like
- Europe: Roaming fees might be a thing of the past by 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 unboxed, 4GB RAM/ 64GB space confirmed
- Rugged Samsung Galaxy Xcover 3 costs $300
- Vivo X5S released for CNY 2,998 (roughly $482)
- Kodak’s first smartphone unleashed in the Netherlands
- Watch 7 generation of iPhones face the iPhone 5s in a speed test battle