Sad news for Google Pixel 2 As Snapdragon 836 won’t surface till 2018
A sad news has hit fans of the upcoming Google Pixel 2 and Pixel XL 2 smartphones as Qualcomm has confirmed that it will not be releasing the Snapdragon 836 chipset this year.
Recall that Google had promised that the Google Pixel 2 and the Pixel XL 2 will come packing the improved and upgraded chipset, Snapdragon 836.
The confirmation from Qualcomm comes after the tech company denied reports that the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 which has been scheduled to launch with the Snapdragon 836 chipset also will be packing the upgrades processor.
According to Qualcomm, the Snapdragon 836’s production has been forced to a halt and will not begin until the beginning of next year.
The latest confirmation suggests that the Pixel duo from Google will come packing the Snapdragon 835 SoC as in the likes of Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Note 8 and other smartphones.
So, 836: QCT had told GOOG to expect it, but then delayed it until early next year (tho perhaps under diff branding), forcing Pixels to 835.
— Evan Blass (@evleaks) September 8, 2017
You may also like
- Sad news for Google Pixel 2 As Snapdragon 836 won’t surface till 2018
- Bad News For OnePlus 3 and 3T Users As Android O Marks End Of The Line
- Sad: Phones4u shut down as UK network operators reject phone retailer
- India Gets The Xiaomi Mi A1 But In Limited Quantity
- Twitter killed A Useful Twitter Account