Safaricom Kenya Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
Being one of the biggest mobile network providers in Kenya, Safaricom is owned by the Kenyan government and Vodafone. The carrier currently holds a massive user base in it’s homeland Kenya.
Safaricom is the first GSM network in Africa to introduce 3G connectivity to it’s consumer and also the first 4G-capable network in the region.
This article will guide you on how to set up Internet connection on your PC, mobile phone or tablet to browse with Safaricom’s wide range of Internet broadband.
Automatic Settings For Safaricom Internet
To get your mobile phone configured automatically, send an empty message to 445 via SMS. You’ll receive the Internet settings in a brief.
Save, activate and start surfing!
However, if your mobile phone is not supported for auto configuration or you are trying to configure a PC or tablet, you might want to do these settings by yourself by going through the process below.
Manual Settings For Safaricom Internet
Profile Name/Access Point Name: Safaricom
APN/ Access Point: safaricom
The above is the configuration settings for browsing on Safaricom Kenya. Keep in mind that you must not set the IP address and port for you to browse.
You will have to navigate to your device’s Internet settings to add the above configurations to their respective menus. Make sure you save the settings.
That’s it friends. Hope you enjoyed the walk-through.
You may also like
- Safaricom Kenya Internet Configuration Settings (APN, IP/Port, Username/Password)
- Samsung launches the Tizen Z2 in Kenya, sells for around $60
- HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
- LG launches a teaser missile for upcoming G3 flasghip
- Samsung Galaxy Mega 2 listed in Thailand
- Nokia Lumia 735 with LTE goes on sale in Australia, Ireland, Malaysia and UK
- Samsung reported to be working on Pro versions of the Galaxy C5 and Galaxy C7