Samsung Galaxy A (2017) lineup confirmed to launch with water-resistance rating
It is all set and confirmed that on the 5th of January, at the CES event, we would be getting the full Galaxy A (2017) family treatment from Samsung, all thanks to the press invites and promotional posters that the South Korean OEM has released. On the pre-order posters, too, we have also seen and confirmed the existence of the Galaxy A5 (2017) and Galaxy A7 (2017) but that’s as far as we know about them – their existences.
On their Dutch website, Samsung has announced the presence of the Galaxy A3 (2017) and Galaxy A5 (2017), so we know that these would be present at the announcement. Thanks to another poster that has been revealed on a Chinese website, it is all but set that the Galaxy A7 (2017) would also make its grand appearance on the same day as the rest of the family. There is even more good news, given that the VP of Samsung’s Mobile unit in Malaysia has confirmed that all of the Galaxy A (2017) line-up would come with IP68 ratings – yes, that means they are certified against water damage.
This is the same kind of certification carried by the ill-fated Galaxy Note 7 and while this would lead to a bump in price, the launch is shaping up to be an interesting one already.
You may also like
- Samsung Galaxy J7 (2017) passes through FCC, reveals some key specs
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus pricing leaks, availability information updated too
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus size specifications leaks
- Samsung Galaxy C5 Pro and C7 Pro pre-registrations could go live on 16th January
- Coral Blue Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge made available in the UK, sold by Vodafone now