Samsung Galaxy Note 5 in India gets security patch for January, embedded Samsung Pay app
This is the season of rollout of the January security patch to units, and many manufacturers are not slowing down. In India, the latest to get this kind of update is the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and alongside the patch, there is an interesting feature to look at.
This is the second time that we would see Samsung roll out an update that embeds the Samsung Pay app and if we are reading the signs well, it seems that this mode of payment is soon to be launched in the region.
Coming in at a size bordering on 320MB, the firmware version on this new update is N929GUBU3BQA3, and needless to say, there are bug-fixing and performance-improving features embedded into the same update. Treating the news about the Samsung Pay application, there have been some initial reports to suggest that we could see the feature launch in India in the first half of the year.
Till then, all we can do is keep our fingers crossed.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Samsung Galaxy S8 series leaks in a new YouTube video
- Samsung Galaxy S8 official unveiling date let slip by Samsung themselves
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 leaks in UK website before MWC announcement, reveals pricing and availability information
- Registration page for Samsung Galaxy S8 leaks, doesn’t reveal much else
- Samsung Galaxy S8 specs leak too, looks very identical to the Galaxy S8+