Samsung Google Nexus 3 users petition Google over Android 4.4 KitKat neglect
Well, it seems not everyone gives a hoot about custom ROMs. Some people will do anything to get an official OS update and Nexus 3 users are not left out.
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Samsung Google Nexus 3) owners have teamed up to collect 15,000 signatures in a petition demanding reasons why their beloved 2011 device is not getting an Android 4.4 KitKat upgrade.
“Throwing the Galaxy Nexus away to get a phone with the latest Android version is bad for the environment.
“The phone is more reliable then the newer Nexus 4…
“We, the Galaxy Nexus owners and anticipators ask you, Google, to update the Galaxy Nexus for one last time and give us Kitkat! Don’t be an apple 😉 “
The users claim that their 2011 Samsung Google Nexus 3 is far more stable than the 2012 LG-made Nexus 4 — which will be getting the Android 4.4 KitKat treatment — and questions why their device will be neglected in the update despite having all the necessary requirements for Android 4.4 OS.
The petitions will accompany an official letter sent by the organizer, Max Duckwitz, to Android executive Sundar Pichai. The letter was sent out yesterday and will get to Pichai in a few weeks time.
You may also like
- Samsung Google Nexus 3 users petition Google over Android 4.4 KitKat neglect
- Google Now restores Samsung developed ad blocker to Play Store
- Samsung’s First Android ad blocker App Removed From Google Play Store
- Hold up Google Glass; Samsung’s Tizen powered Gear Blink will debut next year
- Samsung ditches Google for Nokia’s Here Maps