Samsung rep, LeBron James, involved in Apple Watch dishing spree
What’s sadder than seeing someone you pay for publicity using your competitor’s products? Seeing your rep dishing out and flaunting your competitor’s wares in public? Such is definitely the case of Samsung when they heard that their main man LeBron James, who starred in thousands of Galaxy commercials, was giving out Apple Watches to his teammates.
Oh sh*t! What did I just do?
The 6 ft 8″ tall Cleveland Cavaliers basketballer for some reason, didn’t know Samsung makes smartwatches and for some other reason, gave his fellow players units of Apple Watches.
“He’s one hell of a teammate,” co-star Tristan Thompson said. “He takes care of his team. He takes care of us with Beats, Samsungs. Everything that he’s part of that he can give for the team, he’s done that all the time and it shows how much he cares for us.”
But before you start judging King James — as he’s popularly called, remember he didn’t buy the watches with his money. They were probably given to him due to his affiliation to Apple-owned Beats Audio, according to one of his spokesmen.
When asked about the watches James replied, “I’ve been fortunate enough to work with some great partners and whatever I get, I like to share with my teammates. It’s just my way of showing them that I care.”
You may also like
- Samsung rep, LeBron James, involved in Apple Watch dishing spree
- Reports from South Korea indicates that Samsung may sell refurbished Note 7 units
- Reports indicate that Samsung is in a deal with Apple regarding OLED screen panels
- Reuters report leaks Samsung’s Note 7 report, explosions blamed mainly on batteries
- Samsung Galaxy Note 7 has more users than HTC 10, OnePlus 3T and LG V20 – Report