Samsung reportedly working on 14nm A9 chip for Apple
If you have a little knowledge of Apple and Samsung’s relationship, you should be probably be surprised the two tech giants ever follow the same path and that they even go to the extent of working together.
Now, reports reaching us from the industry says that Apple is calling on Samsung once again to make a 14nm chipset that will be used in upcoming Apple products which will include the Apple iPhone 6S by next year.
The same source claims that Samsung is already working on the processor job immediately and the target is to make a chip that will be 15% smaller, 20% faster and 35% more battery efficient than the current Apple A8 chip that was used in the aforementioned devices.
Judging from the relationship of these two companies which is complicated by nature; If the processors comes out good, Samsung is going to earn more money from the CPUs while Apple eats up the former’s market share in the smartphone market.
You may also like
- Samsung reportedly launching the Galaxy Tab S3 on September 1
- Samsung Reportedly Cancels Galaxy S7 Edge+ In UK
- Samsung reportedly testing Galaxy Note 4 with Snapdragon 810 processor
- Samsung reportedly working on 14nm A9 chip for Apple
- Firmware for Samsung’s Galaxy S8 reportedly in development already