Samsung rolls out December security patch to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
The Galaxy A5 (2016) has started to get a new update from Samsung, and with the size on this newbie, we doubt if it brings much on board. The new update arrives the device with a firmware version of XXS3BPLA and comes in at a size of under 11MB.
From what we have heard, this would pack on board the security fixes for the month of December. Even though the month is nearly over, and this means that the same unit could be getting the security fix for January late, we will take comfort in the saying of “better late than never”
The update is currently being rolled out in Europe, and we expect it to hit other markets where the device was launched soon. If you have yours registered to a carrier network, you would have to look towards your carrier for the time when you’ll be getting yours. As with all OTA updates, this might take a while before it starts to hit your device so we advise that you sit tight and get ready to press that update soft button.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Samsung rolls out the February security patch to the Galaxy S7 flagships
- Samsung rolls out security patch to Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 (2017) units
- Samsung rolls out December security patch to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
- Samsung rolls out another Nougat beta to the Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge
- Samsung rolls out security patches to the Galaxy J7 (2016) and Galaxy J5 (2016)