Samsung seems to have stepped back in design after pictures of Galaxy A8 surface
Samsung fans were generally happy after the introduction of the Galaxy A lineup proved that the Korean phone maker still had fresh things to offer in terms of design. The whole lineup, beginning from the Samsung Galaxy Alpha, made use of less rounded corners and aluminum metal unibodies.
After the series of Samsung Galaxy A3, Galaxy A5 and Galaxy A7 came out last year, it was obvious Samsung had made a bold statement with the Galaxy A brand. Now, fast-forward to this year. We have been hearing about the proposed Samsung Galaxy A8 which is expected to join these beautifully-designed smartphones with an even larger display.
We saw the first images of the reported Galaxy A8 today and it looked like Samsung has forgotten about the aim of the Galaxy A phones. The device (if these pictures speak the truth), resembles “yet another Galaxy phone” without solid corners and it also looks like the the back cover is made of plastic.
While the photos didn’t come with much details, we earlier learnt that the 5.7″ 1080p Galaxy A8 will pack a Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 SoC, 2GB of RAM and 16GB of expandable storage under the hood. A 16MP camera and 5MP front shooter will do the camera job when the phone lands.
With that being said, will you be getting the Galaxy A8 that looks like every other Samsung phone?
You may also like
- Samsung seems to have stepped back in design after pictures of Galaxy A8 surface
- Seems the Galaxy S6 won’t be resistant as Samsung advertises S5 as “water resistant” and “irresistible”
- New Samsung Device, SM-G892U Gets WiFi Certified
- Micromax Launches Samsung Galaxy S8 Lookalike Phone
- Reports from South Korea indicates that Samsung may sell refurbished Note 7 units