Samsung starts pushing out October security update to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
If you have purchased one of the 2016 refreshes of the Samsung Galaxy A5, there is good news for you because the OEM has started to push out a new update to you all and if you are yet to get it, just give this one a few more moments and the notification would be staring you in the face.
This update is being rolled out in Europe for the time being and weighs very little, coming down to a total of just 20MB, a package that brings with it the security patch for the month of October.
Although we have no information on what this is as of yet, there has also been a piece of information in the changelog that suggests that there has been a fix for one of the major security flaws hat the device faces and for those of you that are very conscious as to the kind of data that your device gives out and shares with sources you are not even aware of, this should make you even more safe.
This is another OTA update that you have to wait for and if you are the impatient kind, the Settings dashboard is the best place for you to be where you can easily request one for yourself.
You may also like
HMD Global confirms VoLTE support for Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 units
Google Play services turns 5 today!
Huawei P10 series show up in Netherlands under a number of carriers
ZTE Blade V8 goes on for sale in China, but there is a beautiful twist
Moto G5 and Moto G5 Plus have been confirmed for Germany, but you cant have it yet
- Samsung starts rolling out Nougat update to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge units in Taiwan
- Samsung starts rolling out new update to the Galaxy J3 units
- Samsung starts rolling out new Nougat beta update to the S7 and S7 Edge, contains security patch
- Samsung starts pushing out October security update to the Galaxy A5 (2016)
- Samsung starts to roll out Marshmallow update to the Galaxy S5 mini (Duos)