Samsung in talks to buy BlackBerry
According to a report by Reuters, Samsung has been tracking the development at BlackBerry and is ready to make a bid of between $13.35 and $15.49 for each share of BlackBerry. The cost is above the current value of BlackBerry in the stock market and will result to a total of $7.5 billion if carried through.
In an amazing reception of the development, BlackBerry shares jumped by almost 30% to $12.60 but a press statement issued by the company in denial of the deal reduced the stock value to $10.65, still way higher than its opening value this morning.
Interestingly, Samsung is more interested in BB’s patents rather than the Canadian’s experience in the enterprise world, the report suggests. However, this will not stop Samsung from churning out some cool BlackBerry products when the experience is now combined.
Meanwhile, Samsung has come out to rubbish the story saying it is “groundless”. Right now, we don’t know exactly what to believe but we hope to bring updates to you as the story develops.
You may also like
- Samsung Internet Browser V6.2 Now Available For All Android L+ Devices
- Samsung in fresh bad press as the Galaxy S7 explodes again in the Philippines
- Rumor: Samsung in the works over a Tizen OS flagship, to be named the Z9
- Reports suggests Samsung in the works over 5000mAh smartphone
- Samsung in the works over a Galaxy On7(2016)