Samsung unveils Galaxy Round, world’s first flexible-display phone
Samsung has just announced the first phone with bendable display in the Samsung Galaxy Round.
The display on the Samsung Galaxy Round is bendable, or bended, but the rest of the phone isn’t moving for real, making sure the flexible screen does not twist either left or right. So if you are looking for a ‘bendable phone’, you might want to check back later.
The Samsung Galaxy Round carries a whopping 5.7 inches of flexible touchscreen display in it’s 7.9mm-thick body, at 1080 x 1920 pixels in resolution. The ‘revolutionary’ device sports a 13MP main camera, 2MP front-facing and runs Android 4.3 Jelly Bean operating system.
The new Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 system-on-chip does the processing job, along with 3GB of RAM and a quad-core 2.3GHz Krait CPU. Still on the internals, the device carries an internal storage of 32GB, blessed by a microSD slot for up to 64GB expansion.
The Samsung Galaxy Round is powered by a 2800mAh user-removable battery and sources confirmed a $1000 USD price for the device.
You may also like
- Samsung unveils Samsung Galaxy Wide ahead of Samsung Unpacked
- Samsung unveils the rugged Galaxy S7 Active
- Samsung Unveils its Mid Range Mobile Handsets
- Samsung unveils 4G versions of Galaxy Core Prime, Galaxy Grand Prime, and Galaxy J1 for India
- Samsung unveils Galaxy Round, world’s first flexible-display phone