Say goodbye to Samsung Wallet; Welcome Samsung Pay
In an e-mail sent across to users of Samsung Wallet, Samsung Electronics has bared it’s intention of bringing an end to the payment platform’s 2-year run at the end of next month, June 30. This comes in a time when the launch of the company’s new electronic payment solution, Samsung Pay is allegedly around the corner.
In a related string of moves, the South Korean phone maker has recently acquired a couple of start-ups here and there including Loop Pay, a payment firm which set them back a reported $250 million.
Samsung, on the tearing down of Samung Wallet confirmed that the lack of turnout prompted the closure of the service:
“Unfortunately, the usage rate of Samsung Wallet was not what anyone expected. One of our company’s core values is to guarantee the best user experience.
“We feel today that we can no longer guarantee this experience .This project was very insightful for us and will help us create better services in the future .We sincerely appreciate all your support once again,” Samsung said in an e-mail.
You may also like
- Say goodbye to Samsung Wallet; Welcome Samsung Pay
- Google launches its very own set of devices – the Pixel and Pixel XL
- Samsung struggling to finish Samsung Pay before Sept launch
- Apple plans to put camera and video calls on Apple Watch 2, more rumors
- Here’s when Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will be launched