See how Samsung cleverly stole some of Apple’s popularity during iPhone launch day
Yesterday, we saw both the 4.7″ Apple iPhone 6 and the phablet-sized Apple iPhone 6 Plus go official, however, Samsung, known for their sharp, witty advertising tactics, decided to throw a few jabs at their biggest competitor and worst enemy, Apple.
Samsung tweeted “What’s the fuzz about apples on twitter today? Funny. We thought pears were trending!”
The Korean phone maker went ahead to say it will buy one pear from a Belgian farmer for every Apple update on Twitter on Tuesday.
Samsung went on to promote the campaign under #aPearForAnApple hashtag while saying it will hand out the pears collected to people today.
You may also like
- See how Sony is making $20 on each Apple iPhone sold
- See how Samsung cleverly stole some of Apple’s popularity during iPhone launch day
- Google’s Tango Project phone, the Lenovo Phab 2, to see the US markets soon
- New Google Pixel photo leaks, shows off what seems to be the Nougat 7.1
- Teaser suggests that we would see the Oppo R9s sometimes next week